This is a simple meditation technique that you can practise for just five to ten minutes, several times throughout your day.
• sit upright, either cross-legged on a cushion, or upright in a chair. make sure you feel comfortable. your hands can be placed in your lap or on your knees.
• softly close your eyes and take a few slow, deep breaths.
• bring awareness to your inner body. continue to breathe slowly and intentionally.
~ Notice the feeling of stillness and presence from within ~
• each time a thought arises in your mind, do not judge that thought, do not label it, simply let it fade away and return your focus to the present moment.
• continue to breathe and gently maintain your focus on the stillness and presence within; the present moment….
After ten minutes, open your eyes and return your attention to your physical surroundings. Take a few deep breaths and continue with your day.
Throughout the rest of your day, return to this feeling of Stillness as frequently as possible. Do this by continually shifting the focus of your attention to the Present Moment.
To do this over and over again, is what we know as meditative practise.
“Realise deeply that the present moment is all you ever have” – Eckhart Tolle.